Baseball and Not Baseball

What I Learned This Week

An Example for Class

A student asked a question, so I made a real video. I noticed two things. Even after I thought I made clean corrections there were still errors. None seem too horrible though. The other thing I noticed is that math translation is hard. Not only are variables sometimes interpreted as words, numbers are sometimes written as Arabic numerals and sometimes spelled out. I am not sure if there is a way this is supposed to be done. In future videos I will probably try to make it look as much like the equation on the screen as I can.

Auto-captioning does help a little, but correcting Youtube captions did double my production time.

I also am now linking to Youtube instead of directly publishing the videos. That means there are ads after my video plays. Eventually I can save some money by downgrading my WordPress plans to ones that don’t have direct video upload. But, the students pay the cost through the ads.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: